We have an opportunity to make a positive contribution to all of our stakeholders by integrating sustainability into the way we grow and manage our portfolio.
What is the purpose of this policy?
The purpose of this policy is to outline our approach to being a responsible business, alongside clearly stating our commitments to our material environmental, social and governance issues. This policy applies to the activities of Warehouse REIT plc, alongside the investment, asset and property management operations that are undertaken by our Investment Advisor and external service providers.
Who’s is responsible for this policy?
Ultimate responsibility for this policy rests with the board of Warehouse REIT plc. This responsibility is discharged through the Investment Advisor who oversees its implementation.
Our vision and strategy
Our vision is to create environmental, social and economic value for our shareholders and wider stakeholders by integrating sustainability into the way we grow and manage our portfolio.
Our sustainabilty strategy
CREATING A RESILIANT PORTFOLIO
- Target net zero carbon for design and construction
- Targeting green building certifications
- Reducing EPC risk
REDUCING OUR FOOTPRINT
- Increasing energy and resource efficiency
- Reducing waste and resource consumption
SUPPORTING OUR OCCUPIERS
- Engagement to understand occupier net zero carbon goals and support wellbeing
- Integrating sustainability criteria into lease clauses and providing occupier training
RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS FOUNDATIONS
- Governance and policies (environment, health and safety and supply chain)
- Risk management (including climate-related risk)
- Transparent disclosure and participation in investor benchmarks and indices